Over the weekend there was a comment made about some undone chores in my house. In typical me fashion I got my feelings hurt and dwelled on those few words. After they sat in my mind and on my heart for 24 hours. I went directly to B and lamented on everything that I do on a daily basis. How hard that I work and all the hats I wear everyday and I made sure to tell him that those chores were undone because I couldn't fathom actually getting anything else accomplished every day with all the experiences our daughter was having and all the deals I was closing at work. So yeah that was a fun end to our weekend.
This morning I woke with resolve to keep a better house I made my to do list and in my Cozi app . I did my mandatory two loads of laundry and organized my pantry. I made dinner for tonight and I even closed a deal. I also took sometime to sit out on my porch and I thought about my selfish childlike behaviour last night. Here is the truth, those chores weren't done because I chose to spend another 30 mins outside with L or I made a few work calls or B and I met our friends for a fun dinner out. I don't think that the world will end because laundry goes unfolded for a few days. I thought about what I wanted our home to look like, smell like, feel like and look like. I want it to have personality, I want friends to be comfortable. I want it to be filled with laughter, songs and creations. In order for those things to happen I have to let go of my people pleasing perfectionism. It doesn't matter if things aren't done completely if I am accomplishing whats important for our life!
So as I had this epiphany I recalled the above sign that I had pinned on Pinterest. My Monday prayer was to provide for my family a life that is truly lived. That might mean those clothes stay in the dryer and those emails go unchecked for a few more days.


No comments:
Post a Comment